Whether you have 3 or 30,000 employees, outlining a set of clear values that everyone can live by is imperative. Company values excite team members and bring everyone on to the same page. Sharing those values with potential hires is also helpful in hiring people that align with the rest of the team. Your values are at the heart of your culture.
Below are the company values of some of the top companies in the world (culture-wise).
SEE ALSO: Employee Handbook Content Checklist
- Deliver WOW Through Service
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create Fun and a Little Weirdness
- Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning
- Build Open and Honest Relationships with Communication
- Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
- Do More with Less
- Be Passionate and Determined
- Be Humble
- The best employee is the person who can be the same person at home that they are at work
- Focus on the user and all else will follow
- It s best to do one thing really, really well
- Fast is better than slow
- Democracy on the web works
- You don t need to be at your desk to need an answer
- You can make money without doing evil
- There s always more information out there
- The need for information crosses all borders
- You can be serious without a suit
- Great just isn t good enough
Whole Foods Core Values
- We sell the highest quality natural and organic products available
- We satisfy, delight and nourish our customers
- We support team member excellence and happiness
- We create wealth through profits and growth
- We serve and support our local and global communities
- We practice and advance environmental stewardship
- We create ongoing win-win partnerships with our suppliers
- We promote the health of our stakeholders through healthy eating education
Amazon.com s Leadership Principles
- Customer obsession
- Invent and simplify
- [Leaders] are right, a lot
- Hire and develop the best
- Insist on the highest standards
- Think big
- Bias for action
- Vocally self critical
- Earn trust of others
- Dive deep
- Have backbone; disagree and commit
- Deliver results
The Container Store s Foundation Principles
- 1 Great Person = 3 Good People
- Communication IS Leadership
- Fill the other guy s basket to the brim. Making money then becomes an easy proposition.
- The Best SELECTION, SERVICE & PRICE
- Intuition does not come to an unprepared mind. You need to train before it happens.
- Man In The Desert Selling
- Air of Excitement
IKEA s Core Values
- Humbleness and willpower
- Leadership by example
- Daring to be different
- Togetherness and enthusiasm
- Constant desire for renewal
- Accept and delegate responsibility
Netflix s Culture: Behaviors and Skills They Value
- Judgment (making wise decisions; identify root causes; think strategically)
- Communication (listen well; concise speech; respectful)
- Impact (amazing amounts of important work; consistently strong performance; focus on
- results, not process; bias to action, not analysis)
- Curiosity (learn rapidly; seek to understand; broad knowledge)
- Innovation (re-conceptualize issues to discover practical solutions; challenge prevailing assumptions; create new ideas that prove useful)
- Courage (say what you think; make tough decisions; take smart risks; question actions inconsistent with their values)
- Passion (inspire others with excellence; care intensely about company success; celebrate wins; tenacious)
- Honesty (candor and directness; non-political; quick to admit mistakes)
- Selflessness (seek what is best for Netflix; egoless when searching for best ideas; help colleagues; share info openly and proactively)
Southwest s Live the Southwest Way
- Warrior Spirit (Work Hard; Desire to the best; Be courageous; Display a sense of urgency; Persevere; Innovate)
- Servant s Heart (Follow the Golden Rule; Adhere to the Basic Principles; Treat others with respect; Put others first; Be egalitarian; Demonstrate proactive customer service; Embrace the SWA Family)
- Fun-LUVing Attitude (Have FUN; Don t take yourself too seriously; Maintain perspective (balance); Celebrate successes; Enjoy your work; Be a passionate Teamplayer)
The Ritz-Carlton s Service Values
- I build strong relationships and create Ritz-Carlton guests for life.
- I am always responsive to the expressed and unexpressed wishes and needs of our guests.
- I am empowered to create unique, memorable and personal experiences for our guests.
- I understand my role in achieving the Key Success Factors, embracing Community
- Footprints and creating The Ritz-Carlton Mystique.
- I continuously seek opportunities to innovate and improve The Ritz-Carlton experience.
- I own and immediately resolve guest problems.
- I create a work environment of teamwork and lateral service so that the needs of our guests and each other are met.
- I have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow.
- I am involved in the planning of the work that affects me.
- I am proud of my professional appearance, language and behavior.
- I protect the privacy and security of our guests, my fellow employees and the company s confidential information and assets.
- I am responsible for uncompromising levels of cleanliness and creating a safe and accident-free environment.
Under Armour s Brand Values
- Let s be great. Build great product, tell a great story, provide great service, and build a great team.
- Integrity. Without it we cannot be a team.
- No one person is bigger than the brand Team. No athlete either.
- Make one dollar spend like three. We must be creative with the resources we have.
- Help others. Volunteerism and serving others are vital parts of our mission.
- Walk with a purpose. Everything we do is part of a deliberate, long-term strategy/vision.
- Know where you re going.
- Protect the UA culture, but embrace change. Evolve and innovate. We re a different company every 6 months, and we can t use culture as an excuse to not change product, process, or people.
- Be humble and stay hungry. Nobody s going to give us anything. We have to earn it every day.
The Motley Fool s Core Values
- Collaborate: Do great things together.
- Innovate: Search for a better solution. Then top it!
- Fun: Revel in your work.
- Honest: Make us proud.
- Competitive: Play fair, play hard, play to win.
- Motley: Make Foolishness your own. Share your core value _____________.
Zipcar s Core Values
- Obsess about the member experience (Build trust and confidence among our member community by delivering leading convenience, dependability and service excellence)
- Be the best we can be (Support personal growth, impact, and excellence)
- Deliver results (Create enduring value through growth)
- Keep it simple (Win through simplicity and continuous innovation)
- Have an impact
- Change the world through urban and environmental transformation
If you want to be able to convey the values of your organization easily and clearly. Try AirMason Handbook Builder. Get beautifully designed handbook templates, create all the content in a jiffy by answering a few questions and easily share it with your employees using a link or as a PDF.